Monday, September 17, 2012

Music Monday Proposals

Okay everybody!

When my kids were little and they wanted a new pet, we would have them write a proposal.  The proposal had to give lots of details about taking care of the pet, costs, time requirements, cleanliness, and noise.  It had to address each of these areas with solutions that convinced my husband and I that the child was responsible enough to handle that new pet without it becoming a nuisance to the rest of the family.  If the proposal appeared to be missing anything that we had concerns with, we would reply with our concerns and have the child resubmit their improved and more complete proposal.

Although you do not have to feed or clean your songs that you want us to listen to, I am going to require you to convince me with that same type of proposal.  In other words, it will have to use reason to CONVINCE ME to play your song.  If it is professional, evidence-packed, appealing, and persuasive it won't hurt either. 

So, here are the rules for Music Monday Proposals:

1. It must be emailed or typed and include the standard heading and font style and size.
2. It must include a URL link where I can preview the song ahead of time.
3. It must include enough information (one solid paragraph or poem will suffice) to convince me.
4. I reserve the right to return your proposal to ask for additional information that I feel I need before I am convinced.
5. Experiences (either in story of poetry format) where the song was influential, life-changing, or brought some kind of specific benefit to you would be acceptable.

Good Luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment