Monday, August 6, 2012

You can't write unless you write.

Ack!  I was driving Sophie to soccer this afternoon and a row of Russian-olive trees reached out and whispered, "Look at us through your writer's eyes".  I was driving too fast to give them the attention they begged for, but I did notice that some of the leaves were shining like silver dollars and that the trees were doing their best to stay in line and look presentable.  A feeble attempt I know, but it shocked me out of the mindless state of being that I have slumped into.  I have been looking at trees and people and my kitchen sink and life as mundanity and not as beautiful things worthy of a few carefully chosen words.  So rude.  So I'm turning over a new Russian-olive leaf and keeping my writing journal in my not-a-purse and my writer's eyes peeled like a little kid's grape.

Hm....I've got a long way to go.  Join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment